0x80029C4A Error loading type library/DLL. Related to Outlook.Application.

Hello, I am getting this error code and the problem stems from my Office 365.  I use Samsung software (Smartswitch) to synch my calendars and contacts between my phone and computer and having been doing this for the past 6 months. 

Two days ago I experienced issues with Excel and called the Microsoft help desk. They decided to do a hard uninstall going into various registries and folders and deleting files.  When 365 was reinstalled I began getting this error when I tried to use Smartswitch to synch.  I believe a registry item or file was deleted during the uninstall effort, that had been there before.  I'm pretty sure it's an Office 365 issue although they have sent me to Samsung because they cannot solve the issue. I have called back to Microsoft and am on my third help desk person.  I should note that both my computer (Microsoft Pro 4), and the download are 64 bit.

Any idea what has happened?

To give a little more background, I've been synching with Office 7 for the past six years using various synch apps as my phones have changed, with no problem. I am new to Office 365 and this is the first time I have not been able to synch Outlook data. 

Thanks

Hello, I am getting this error code and the problem stems from my Office 365.  I use Samsung software (Smartswitch) to synch my calendars and contacts between my phone and computer and having been doing this for the past 6 months. 

Two days ago I experienced issues with Excel and called the Microsoft help desk. They decided to do a hard uninstall going into various registries and folders and deleting files.  When 365 was reinstalled I began getting this error when I tried to use Smartswitch to synch.  I believe a registry item or file was deleted during the uninstall effort, that had been there before.  I'm pretty sure it's an Office 365 issue although they have sent me to Samsung because they cannot solve the issue. I have called back to Microsoft and am on my third help desk person.  I should note that both my computer (Microsoft Pro 4), and the download are 64 bit.

Any idea what has happened?

To give a little more background, I've been synching with Office 7 for the past six years using various synch apps as my phones have changed, with no problem. I am new to Office 365 and this is the first time I have not been able to synch Outlook data. 

Thanks

Hi

My problem started when purchasing a Lenovo Laptop. I use Office 2007 and I also have problems updating Junk Email Filter (KB2880505) and receives error 0x80240017.

Maybe these are related.

Johannes M

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Johannes,

There are different factors that we can consider as to why you’re experiencing this problem with Outlook. For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

1. What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
  2. Is the same issue happens on other devices?
  3. Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
  4. Can you possibly send us a screenshot?

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again

My two Asus Laptops has gone to pieces so I had to by a New one. After a whiIe some problems occoured that I Cold not fix so I had to og back to a previous Version of Win 10. That is when it all started. I have been looking for ways to solve both issues, but no Luck so far. I have kind of paranoia regarding communitiles out of my Control, so I have tried all kinds of Things to get rid of OneDrive. This should cover Your questions 1 - 3. As for screen shot: Teh text is "Oppdatering (Updating)for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2880505) – Feil (error) 0x80240017 and Smart Switch says "hr=0z80029c4a (Error when loading type Library/DLL)"

Johannes M

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

One of the possible reason why you’re experiencing this issue is because of the settings that was not properly configured. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check out this link. This report includes many parameters about your Office program configuration and highlights known problems found when OffCAT (Office Configuration Analyzer Tool) scans your computer.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 4,844 Applies to: